This post is in collaboration with Farm Fresh to You. All opinions and content are my own. Original recipe found at FarmFreshtoYou.com.
I am so excited to be collaborating with Farm Fresh to You again! For this collab, I was gifted a Small Organic Snack Pack (completely customizable) as well as some added artisan and grocery basics that were seriously a game changer! I decided to make a “Dinner Bar” and lay out everything so you guys could see just how beautiful these foods are. I was literally blown away!
For this post, I re-created one of the delicious recipes available on their website. (And trust me, it was a very hard choice, because they all look amazing!)
You guys know I’m always on the go and sometimes my mornings are so busy, I have to literally grab my coffee and head out the door, with no time to stop for breakfast. I was super excited to make their Blueberry Banana Bread because it’s something I can toss in a baggie and take with me when I have an early morning meeting or don’t have time to stop for a bite or make breakfast at home.
Let me tell you… this recipe did NOT disappoint! In addition to this amazing fast and easy breakfast (which pairs perfectly with coffee by the way!) I’m also completely set for the week without needing to run to the store! If you’re schedule is as busy and hectic as mine, Farm Fresh to You is a great alternative when you can’t make it into the store because they bring your ingredients to YOU.
They grow and partner with local farms and artisans in your area and bring you the season’s best mix of organic produce and specialty farm products right to your door! And each delivery comes with farm news and recipes! (They’re seriously SO CUTE!)
Their farm is also certified organic and known for their focus on sustainable agriculture. AND you can get 50% OFF a produce box + add-on’s with code “IG50″! Give it a try! (You will be pleasantly surprised and beyond excited when it arrives! I promise!)
Here’s what came in my Small Organic Snack Pack: (*used in recipe)
- 4 bananas*
- 1 lb black plum
- 1 bunch collared greens (These were HUGE! I couldn’t believe how big and full of life they were!)
- 1 Eureka lemon*
- 1/2 lb gypsy pepper
- 1 lb mixed heirloom tomato
- 1 bunch rainbow chard (seriously the most beautiful things I have ever seen)
- 1 bunch red chard
- 1 lb red pluot
- 1 lb San Marzano tomato
- 2 white nectarines
- 2 yellow nectarines
- 3 yellow peach
Here are the Artisan and Grocery Products I added on to my order: (*used in recipe)
- Blackberry Lemon Summer Jam*
- Raspberry Jam
- Fitness Bread
- Buckwheat Bread
- Organic cage-free eggs*
- Organic Van Cultured Unsalted Recipe*
- Carmody Cheese
- Aged Goat Cheddar
- Fior De Latte Fresh Mozzarella
When I DO have time to go to the grocery store, I love picking out each piece of fruit and veggie bunch carefully to make sure there aren’t any brown spots or bruises. Farm Fresh to You must do the same, because every single item arrived beautifully colorful, clean and SUPER FRESH!
Okay, I know I promised you a delicious recipe, so here it is!
BLUEBERRY BANANA BREAD
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 9×5″ loaf pan
- 1 ¾ cups blueberries
- 2 cups & 1 tablespoon of flour
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1 lemon (zested + juiced)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Spray a 9×5 inch loaf pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, toss the blueberries with 1 tablespoon flour. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer using the paddle attachment (or in a large bowl with an electric hand mixer), cream together the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. (About 5 minutes)
- In another small bowl, beat the eggs with a fork. Add the eggs to the sugar mixture and beat until well combined. (About 1 minute)
- Mash the bananas with lemon juice and zest. Next, add the bananas to the mixing bowl with the butter + sugar and mix until well combined. (About 1 minute)
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Slowly add the sifted dry ingredients to the banana mixture and mix until the flour is just combined. DO NOT OVERMIX! Fold in the flour-covered blueberries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to 350° and bake for another 30 minutes until the edges are slightly brown or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool completely before removing from loaf pan.
- Slice and serve with a little lemon zest or Blackberry Lemon Summer Jam over the top. Enjoy!