All photos taken by Kayla Michelle Photo.
No summer or holiday BBQ is complete without the perfect themed cocktail! Am I right??
For the 4th we decided to make a fun red white & blue sangria cocktail. It was super refreshing and the fresh fruit gives it that extra something special every good cocktail needs. My sister found this recipe where all great ideas usually come from- Pinterest of course! I normally like to tweak these recipes and make them my own but this one sounded SO good, we decided to give it a try! The original recipe can be found here.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 bottle dry white wine
- 1 cup white grape juice
- 1 bottle champagne or bubbly (my absolute favorite is Luc Belaire)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 3-4 Granny Smith apples
HOW TO MAKE:
- Stir together white wine, juice, and berries in a large pitcher.
- When you’re ready to serve, gradually stir in the champagne, apples and ice.
- Serve immediately & enjoy!
And what goes great after some delicious cocktails and a fantastic meal by Chef Craig?? A scrumptious summer treat! S’Mores please!